What is Ultrasonic Cavitation?
Ultrasound Cavitation is a no surgery and no anesthesia method of liposuction. It’s a noninvasive process where the power of ultrasound naturally breaks down the fat and destroys intractable fat cells in the localized area of treatment and then allows the body to naturally move the fat, fat cells, and toxins from that area out through the body’s natural detoxification process. When combined with Tripolar radio frequency (RF) which is the newest RF on the market today you also tighten and tone the skin which reduces sagging, wrinkles and the appearance of cellulite. The combination can’t be beat and the new RF is painless and can be used without the need for grounding.
What other names are used for Ultrasonic Cavitation?
Ultrasound Cavitation, Cavitation, Ultra Cavitation, I-lipo, Body Contouring and Body Sculpting
How does Ultrasonic Cavitation Work?
Ultrasonic Cavitation is considered a noninvasive alternative to traditional liposuction, the power of ultrasound destroys stubborn fat cells which are metabolized by our body as waste and excreted through our urinary and lymphatic system. The sound waves disrupt the fat cell walls so they “leak” their contents (loose fat) which the body disposes of as waste material to be processed as metabolic waste and is later eliminated via our sweat glands, urinary system and colon. This is one of the main reasons why IGS recommends CHT (Colon Hydrotherapy) to be done in conjunction with the Ultrasonic Cavitation Sessions.
Who can get Ultrasonic Cavitation?
The best candidates for Ultrasonic Cavitation are healthy men and women who are seeking to target “problem areas” of the body. Anyone well enough for any elective surgery. Although there are no specific contraindications, no medicines to avoid etc you need to check if the below apply to you as this would prevent you from having Ultrasonic Cavitation.
If you have any of the below, you are not a good candidate for Ultrasonic Cavitation.
- Cancer: Cancer cells travel via the lymphatic system, as does waste produced by Ultrasound Cavitation. A treatment presents an unacceptable risk of helping to move cancer cells.
- Any Chronic Disease such as Diabetes, Severe High Blood Pressure and/or Circulation problems, Auto-immune diseases.
- Active Infections & Immunosuppression: These factors compromise the healing ability of the body, and Ultrasound Cavitation should not be attempted until the infection or deficiency is cleared.
- Liver, Kidney, or Heart Disease: Compromises the ability of the body to recover from treatments.
- Metallic Implants: People who have metal implanted anywhere in their bodies, such as bone pins, IUD and/or pace makers cannot receive a treatment.
- Skin allergies or inflammation: Areas with obvious signs of inflammation cannot be treated.
- Cold or flu symptoms or fever: Ultrasound Cavitation releases toxins from the body via the lymphatic system, and treatments can exacerbate flu symptoms which also leave the body the same way.
- Minors: Due to the changing hormonal and fat deposits in the growing body during puberty, we do not treat clients under 18 years of age with Ultrasound Cavitation or Radio Frequency.
- Menstruation: During a period, the abdomen cannot be treated however other areas can be.
- Pregnancy: Sound waves generated by the treatment will very likely harm an unborn child’s hearing and may also result in compromising its immune system.
- Breastfeeding: As mother’s milk draws nutrients from the body, there is an unacceptable degree of risk that toxins may pass into the milk and therefore be ingested by a nursing child.
- Oedema/Swollen lymph nodes: Oedema or localized swelling of limbs indicates poor lymphatic flow. Ultrasonic Cavitation is not designed to alleviate oedema and may in fact exacerbate the condition, it also cannot be performed in areas where lymph nodes are swollen, infected, or not draining properly.
- Allergies to any of the applied materials (METAL, HYDRO GEL)
Is Ultrasonic Cavitation safe?
Yes, it is safe, comfortable, and non-invasive procedure with virtually no side effects. It does not require anesthesia, leaves no scars and does not require any post treatment. The ultrasound energy is designed to target fatty tissues beneath the skin only, and does not affect the blood vessels, nerves and connective tissues.
Will the procedure hurt?
No, the treatment is painless. A slight tingling sensation or very slight buzzing in the ear may sometimes be felt during the treatment but this is not uncomfortable. Some heat sensation may also be felt during treatment but no pain. Any slight reddening of the skin, which may sometimes develop during or soon after treatment quickly, disappears.
On which parts of the body is the treatment most beneficial?
Thighs (saddle bags), Abdomen (love handles), Hips (flanks), Buttock, Upper arm i.e. the areas of localized fat. However it cannot be applied to the head, neck, chest, back and over bony areas.
How long is a treatment session?
Treatment times may vary depending on the area being treated but a typical session will last between 45 minutes to an hour. This includes the preparation, treatment and post treatment procedures.
Does it work on Cellulite?
Yes, low frequency ultrasound (40kHz) generally works well on cellulite by focusing the cavitation effect on the superficial fat tissue. Best results are obtained when the ultrasound is applied in conjunction with the radio frequency (RF) treatment, which helps to tighten and tone the skin. Cellulite is the appearance of dimpled skin.
Where are fat cells stored?
Fat is stored primarily as triglycerides inside adipocytes cells located between the muscles and skin. The numbers of fat cells are the same regardless of a person’s weight but the size of the cells can vary greatly.
What instant result can I expect?
The ultrasonic cavitation treatment will often yield immediate results, which you can feel, touch and see and it can be long lasting. Some clients can experience between 1 to 5 cm. of circumference reduction after a single session with increasing results after subsequent visits. However, more significant results will be noticed after the second and third treatment.
What long-term results can I expect with ultrasonic cavitation?
You can achieve ‘volume reduction’ of fatty tissues and ‘toning of the body’. The results are gradual over a number of weeks as your body clears the broken down fatty tissues. It is not uncommon to achieve up to 10 cm reduction by the end of the course of treatments. The results can be long lasting provided you follow a healthy diet and exercise program. However it is very easy to deposit fat again into the tissues if one over-eats, consumes too much alcohol or doesn’t exercise. Ultimately the result may vary depending on the individual’s different tissue structure, treatment area, age, metabolism, medication, and changes in hormones.
Can I lose weight with Ultrasonic Cavitation?
Fat Cavitation is not a treatment for obesity nor is it a weight loss procedure, it is a method for reshaping and toning the body. It is particularly intended to reduce localized fat tissues which are resistant to exercise around the abdomen (love handles), buttocks, and thighs (saddle bags), that won’t easily go away by simple dieting and exercise.
Are there any side effects with this treatment?
There are virtually no side effects. However on rare occasions there may be a slight possibility of mild side effects such as transient redness, excessive thirst, or nausea immediately after the treatment, which is invariably resolved by drinking water. These are all short-term effects that disappear in a few hours.
What Guidelines should I follow pre-treatment and, post treatment?
Drink plenty of water. Drinking water is a necessary part of the treatment to facilitate the elimination of the broken down fat. Maintain a low calorie diet for a few days after the treatment to ensure that the energy released by the treatment is properly utilized and metabolized by the body. After the treatment you should be able to return to our daily activities as usual.
How many sessions are required to achieve the desired result?
Between 6 -10 treatments are recommended. However you should begin to see significant ‘results’ from the third session onwards. The body takes about 72 hours to eliminate the fat from each session therefore we recommend an interval of 3 days to 1 week between treatment sessions per area.
What are the ‘contraindications’ with Ultrasonic Cavitation?
Ultrasonic cavitation treatment is not for everybody. Even though it is a safe and painless procedure, nevertheless there are contraindications for using cavitation devices for treatment of localized fat. Such contraindications will depend on the individual’s medical history. Thus people with kidney failure, liver failure, heart disease, carrying a pacemaker, pregnancy, lactation, etc. are not suitable candidates for the cavitation treatment.
Are the results of ultrasonic cavitation similar to liposuction?
The ultrasonic cavitation can be considered as a treatment alternative to surgical liposuction. Both treatments are designed to reduce fatty tissues. However, Liposuction is invasive treatment while Ultrasonic Cavitation is non-invasive.
Ultrasonic Cavitation can be used on the following problem areas:
- Face (Chin & Cheeks)
- Abdomen Flanks (Love Handles)
- Thighs (Saddle Bags, Inner & Outer)
- Upper Arms
- Waist (Love Handles)
- Back (Bra Line)
- Hips (Saddle Bags)
- Knees & Ankles